April 19, 2010





a nice long walk around Silbury hill in the English countryside of Wiltshire
a lovely bare and uncrowded landscape,this could have been the perfect end of the school holidays if Léon hadn't caught chicken pox a day before going back to school!

14 comments:

Kigwit said...

I empathize with your chicken pox. My youngest son had it the week after Christmas. No problem, we were off work.

My older son got it two weeks later! He missed school and we missed work.

alessandra said...

what a beautiful place...calm before the storm!
X

Anna Emilia said...

Very pretty.
And all those trees like coral down in the bottom of the sea.

blue china studio happy said...

You have a beautiful blog!

That hill looks man made to me??

Very pretty landscape.

mieke willems said...

wonderfull photos!! waaaw!

gracia said...

An uncrowded landscape of beauty... yes, this could have been a perfect end. Sorry to read about the chicken pox. I hope Léon makes a speedy recovery to wellness.

Sandrine for Neëst said...

C'est bôôôôôôôô !

fanja said...

thanks everyone!
Kigwit, there's never any good timing with kids being sick, is it?
Blue china studio, yes it is man made, the tallest prehistoric man made mound in Europe.
thanks Gracia, the recovery seems slow to me, maybe because the days seem to get longer after spending 2 full on weeks with the boys!

its simple love said...

I love these pictures! You are quite talented. It looks like you had a wonderful day at Silbury hill.

Rachael

S. said...

Très étonnante cette vue et quel calme sur ces photos...
J'espère que Léon va mieux et qu'il pourra reprendre ses activités bientôt,
Bises et à bientôt,
Séverine.

(ps: j'ai essayé de ne pas regarder le post précédent mais c'était dur, Lewis est très beau, Fanja !!)

Lovely World said...

Ohh. My children always come down sick at odd times too. I hope he feels better soon. I love the little jacket you made for Lewis. So nice.

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, but better to get it over with now - I had it at 21 years and it was a killer!
These photos are beautiful and quite moving I find. Beautiful England!

Anonymous said...

lovely photos. i adore the ribbon in the branches.

good luck with the chicken pox!

xo Alison

marie-louise said...

very beautiful!